Sunday, October 25, 2009

Celebrate Fall!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

We don't celebrate Halloween, but since my kids were noticing lots of parties going on for people who do, I decided to have a Celebrate Fall party.

We invited a few friends and planned to have it at the park. The weather couldn't have been more perfect!



We started out by singing "This is the Day the Lord has Made" as we walked around a mat with some paper bags at the perimeter.




When the singing stopped, everyone got to look in the bag in front of them and found markers, glitter, a tiny pumpkin, and fall stickers.

We talked about ways God blesses us with special gifts that only come in the fall: cooler weather, beautiful leaves, pumpkins, pecans, etc.

Then, everyone decorated the bags with God's fall blessings.






We had sack races with the younger set.





And sack races with the older set.




We had three legged races,




a candy hunt, 




and CUPCAKES!


All in all, it was a perfect day and a perfect way to celebrate fall!

 Do you enjoy this blog? Subscribe in a reader.

5 comments:

Kara said...

How fun! I love your Celebrate Fall party idea:)

Lene said...

Looks like it was a huge success!!

JunkMale said...

I'd like to hear your and your husband's opinions on Halloween. I've posted something on my blog about the topic (the general topic, not specifically "What does Mrs. Smockity Think About Halloween?"). I'd appreciate your input whenever you can find the time.

Amy said...

Looks like a fun party, and a beautiful day for it!

*Mirage* said...

We don't celebrate halloween either. I just did a 4 part post on why on my blog. What you guys did looks like so much fun! Wish I was there! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics