Thursday, February 19, 2009

Well, That Was Fun!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

I just spent a fun filled two and a half hours at the doctor's office with a feverish and coughing three year old.

She woke me up screaming about a wolf attack in the wee hours of the morning, and as soon as I picked her up, I could feel that she was burning up with fever.

After I calmed her, I took her temperature and saw that it was 103.2.

She spent the rest of a restless dawn tossing and coughing in Mama and Daddy's bed, and first thing this morning I called the doctor for an appointment.

I was worried it was the flu, but I became certain of it when, during our seemingly eternal wait in the doctor's examining room, she coughed directly into my right eye.

I could actually see those tiny microbial flu germs sailing toward me in a cloud of mist and I felt them lodge in the moist lining of my eye. I heard shrill celebratory shouts of, "Yessssss!" and "Boo-yah! We made it! A fresh host!" as those little buggers planted their green Flu flag in the tender flesh of my lower eyelid.

Or maybe I was hallucinating out of the sheer boredom of being in a tiny 5 x 7 room for so long.

In any case, the nose swab test came back negative, so it isn't the flu. Just a nasty virus.

So, later tonight I look forward to waking my husband with screams about a wolf attack.

I'll try not to spit in his eye.


Lene said...

And WE did not even come and expose you... May you have puke free virus days ahead.

noel2momof3 said...

We have the same virus, both my boys have started running a high fever at night, but no other symptoms. Motrine is a wonderful thing. Thanks goodness by mid morning the next day they were over it. Hope yours gets better quick.

Erin said...

Oh, no! Hope you manage to fight it off without wolves...

A Hopeful Hollar said...

I'm sorry to hear of the bug! Also, thankful that it wasn't soon after our visit!!! :-) ( No need to feel guilty on my part!!!!)

Honey said...

That's so funny! I once was flossing my teeth. This part is yucky: a bit of the plaque went into my eye. I thought "ok, that CAN'T be good." The next day I had an eye infection for a couple days. I guess from now on I'll floss with my eyes shut!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

Web Statistics