Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Piano Recital

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Last week our two piano students had their recital. They put in many hours of practice and were eager to do their best.

When I found out the time of the recital was 2:30, I immediately thought, "Hmm. Naptime. That will be a challenge."

When we arrived at the church where the recital was to take place, we immediately noticed that it was very warm inside. The air conditioning had gone out earlier in the day, we were told.

The lights were very dim to keep from heating up the building any further.

If you are keeping score at home, so far we have 4 factors that are sleep inducing. Let's recap, shall we?




  1. Naptime


  2. Warm environment


  3. Dimly lit


  4. Classical music


Somewhere around the 14th piece, I was ready to stretch out on the pew myself, but I knew I had to stay awake to nudge my husband. I whispered to him that I could understand nodding off, but if he snored I would die of embarrassment right there in the church.

By the 29th piece, I was the only one on my entire pew who was awake.

Thankfully, there was no snoring or dying of embarrassment.

Here we are on our way to church before the recital.



Here are the two students after MaddieLynn decided on a wardrobe change. MaddieLynn played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and Goldilocks played "Oh! Susannah".



Their beloved teacher at her 46th recital, which she said was amazing since she is only 48!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds very lovely. I need to get some nap music, i mean, classical music to play in the house on busy days.
: )
PS The link you have to me is dead now since it is not directed to my new blog at http://jeneralities.com/

I will get a link to you, also, soon as I can figure out how to set up my "Friends" category.

Smockity Frocks said...

Thanks, Jen. I fixed the link.

Nikki said...

Cute pictures! And that is so funny about the cozy recital environment. I'm sure I would've passed out. Last night I put the kids to sleep with classical music from Mozart.

Threeundertwo said...

When I was a kid, piano recitals would go on for about 4 hours. I don't know how we lived through them. Now our teacher splits up recitals so the one we attend is only about an hour. I really don't miss hearing those million other kids.

I felt sleepy just reading this post.

Pat's Place said...

Amazing how your family has grown since I saw y'all last. I must get back to visit one of these days.

Anonymous said...

I may a little biased but you have some of the most beautiful children I have every seen.

MOM

Smockity Frocks said...

MOM, That's why we keep havin' em! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics