Monday, March 10, 2008

Just Say No To The Live Monkeys!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

I recently noticed that someone found my "Monkey Party" post by googling "live monkey at 7 yr. old birthday party".

Let me start by saying for those of you who are put off by the overuse of capitalization to express strong feelings, you are going to have to excuse me, because this calls for a lot of ALL CAPS!

To the person who is considering having a live monkey at a 7 yr. old birthday party: May I ask, HAVE YOU READ THE CURIOUS GEORGE BOOKS?! The little fella dismantles traffic signals or something similarly mischievous in EVERY. SINGLE. BOOK. Do you really need this with a house full small children?

Secondly, HAVE YOU SEEN THE MONKEYS AT THE ZOO?! There is a reason they keep those critters behind the glass. I mean, they have been know to play with and actually fling their, you know ... waste....products.

Since you have a 7 yr. old, then maybe you are familiar with a toddler's propensity to experiment with the same behavior. Those of us who have lived through that nightmare can tell you that while, with the passing of time, we can look back and laugh, it certainly isn't the kind of FUN! you want to bring to a party, if you know what I mean.

And, DO I EVEN NEED TO MENTION THE MONKEY POX?! Do you really want to be responsible for infecting a bunch of second graders with this mysterious plague?

All I am saying is, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS SANITARY AND ORDERLY DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, INVITE A LIVE MONKEY TO A 7 YR. OLD'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!

I believe it is not a stretch to say if you do, your traffic signals may be at great risk.




7 comments:

Chilihead said...

LOL. Excellent advice. ;)

Thanks for the link!

Laura in KY said...

LOL! Connie, I can always count on you for my chuckle of the day!

Nikki said...

Oh. my. goodness. It's hilarious to read some of the things that bring people to my blog.

Kara said...

That is too funny. And I need to mention when a monkey spit on my then 6 year old at the zoo and then she became very ill the next day...I knew it was some sort of Monkey Pox!!! Happy to say she recovered...

Michelle said...

Oh girl, I am with you on this one. This person needs some serious psychological counseling!
When we go to our Family Summer Camp with our church, the camp actually has a small zoo that houses rescued animals. Tigers, Rhinos, the whole kit and kaboodle. Well, let me tell you...those little monkeys are foul things. Slinging monkey poo is the least of it.

The Estrogen Files said...

Nope, I don't like Curious George. In fact, I posted about it just recently. Live monkeys? Isn't that what my children are? (grin)

Anonymous said...

LOL!

-Christine from Arizona

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics