Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Fun Joke

Stumble Upon Toolbar

My husband played this joke on me a while back, and it still cracks me up to think about it.

One evening after the kids were in bed, I was telling him some detailed account of something that had happened that day (which I am SURE he was completely mesmerized by). The conversation went something like this:

Me: Blah blah blah. Blah didah dah. So what do you think
I should do?

Him: (thoughtfully) Hmmmm..... sounds like a case of updog to
me.

Me: Huh???????

Him: Yep, I'm sure of it. Sounds like updog.

Me: What's "updog"?

Him: Not much. What's up with you, DAWG!!!!

OK, I know I'm in my forties, and I should be way more mature than this, but I laughed my head off. Then, we did it to our kids the next day. Great fun!

The trick is waiting for the perfect opportunity to get the other person to ask, "What's updog?"

That's what "Works For Me". Check Rocks in my Dryer for some actual grown up tips.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Word. That's hilarious! I can't wait to try it on my husband. I'm already giggling. I don't know how I'll keep a straight face!

PastormacsAnn said...

That is funny! (OK, so I'm pushing 40 and I guess I'm not getting that maturity thing down either)

I am so going to try this one.

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Oh. I am SO doing this to my husband. Thanks for sharing!

Mom2fur said...

Your husband is a funny guy! My brother played a similar one on me. He told me, with a very sad face, that he had a bad case of "Updoc." (I guess we didn't say 'dawg' back then.) You can guess the rest of the story, LOL!

A Hopeful Hollar Knits said...

Ah, the sparkle of life...a great corny, I mean funny joke! You know how hard I laughed!!! :-)Tell that funny hubby of yours that we're all waiting for another.

Justice Fergie said...

i'm totally doing this to my hubby tonight! he's ALWAYS getting me with something silly like that, so it's finally MY turn :)

Tricia said...

I almost choked on my PB and banana sandwich. That is soooooo funny!

Tricia

The Estrogen Files said...

Good one!! I will have to try that one on my kids and Hubbers!!

Anonymous said...

I did this to my 16 year old and of course I'm laughing so hard..can't breath..about to piddle..and he just looks at me and says "geez Mom, that is sooo old". Okay burst my bubble, but it didn't prevent me from having the giggles for the next half hour. :o)

Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics