Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two Men and a Baby

Stumble Upon Toolbar

I arrived home after taking MaddieLynn to choir practice one day last week to find my husband and son concentrating on some very involved project.

I couldn't tell what they were working on, but I could see that their heads were bent together and they were intently studying something. My husband encouraged my son, "That's it. Careful, now. Make sure it's centered...THERE! That should do it."

As I came around the end of the couch, I expected to see that they had put together some complicated Lego creation or were building some sort of bottle rocket.

What I saw instead was Baby Emelyn lying very still, on her back with her legs in the air, waiting patiently for Daddy and Bubba to put the finishing touches on her diaper change and make sure they had done it just so.

As I stood there smiling, the baby looked at me and seemed to be saying with her eyes, "I am patient, Mama. They are just learning, so I don't mind waiting."

5 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Indeed! Such precious moments. We had one Christmas when our 2-year-old granddaughter was here and beginning to be potty trained. She ONLY wanted her granddad to help her and he, being somewhat squeamish about the whole deal, rose to the occasion nicely!

Sharon said...

Oh my! That is about the funniest thing I've read in a while, and I needed that laugh today. Hope you have a great week (full of that kind of patience).

flowerpot said...

Such a sweet story.

The Fifes said...

that is so cute!

Christi said...

Oh how sweet! And how precious that you got to witness this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics