Monday, October 13, 2008

Hans and Franz

Stumble Upon Toolbar

You might remember that I posted about giving away the boy clothes I have been carting around for the past eleven years.

I did keep the most special pieces, a few that I smocked and some extra adorable teensy newborn outfits.

Here is a photo of two that I kept. (Click on the photo to enlarge.) I loved making these and seeing my son wear them.



Around the time he turned two, when he wore the one with the white collar, my husband put his foot down, though. He said, "No more! No self respecting son of mine is going to walk around wearing knee socks and a Peter Pan collar! This is the end of the Hans and Franz era!"

Sigh.

He looked so cute in those knee socks, too.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I don't even have a son but husband has pointed out other boys in Hanz and Franz outfits and stated the same thing. Pretty much.

Linz said...

I don't know about the collar either, but I love the rest of the outfits. You do such beautiful and detailed work!! =)

Pat's Place said...

Yeah! You should hear my boys and their comments about things I made them and then MADE them wear! Like plaid pants! Which, by the way, were quite the style at that time--even for their dad!

A Hopeful Hollar Knits said...

I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted by such evil little knitted sweater patterns for Hudson. I try real hard to think little man...instead of sweet, beautiful little boy! It keeps me focused!

I remember those adorable outfits. He was such a beautiful little boy! ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics