Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pie Crust Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

I got this super simple pie crust recipe from my friend, Shelley, a few years ago, and I haven't bought a ready made pie crust since.

It couldn't be easier to whip up, and it always turns out wonderfully flaky and light.

Try it yourself, and see what I mean!

Pie Crust

1 1/4 cups flour
dash of salt
1/2 cup cold butter
2-3 Tbsp. cold water

Mix first 3 ingredients in food processor until crumbly. Add water. Mix until a ball forms. Refrigerate 1-2 hours.

I have found the key is making sure the butter and water are very cold. I always have a glass of ice water that I drizzle into the feed tube of the food processor when it comes time to add the water.

2 comments:

Barb Davis said...

Hi- You are one of the winners in the 2nd giveaway on my blog. To send the gift I need your home address. Please send your address to fatimastreasure@hotmail.com
Your free gift will come from my Fatima's Treasure inventory, so expect something nice. Please keep looking for more giveaways in The Serenity Room. THANKS A MILLION FOR READING MY BLOG. Barbara

jennifer said...

I have always been nervous about making my own pie crust. This seems pretty easy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics