Friday, February 8, 2008

Library Book Sales

Stumble Upon Toolbar


The library in our town holds book sales a few times a year to clear out space for new books they acquire. The old books, which are sometimes quite new, are sold for as little as 10 cents each.

At the last one, I paid particular attention to the paperback books that were in good condition. I bought quite a few that I wasn't necessarily interested in keeping and then listed them on Paperback Swap. That way, I could swap those for books I had beed wanting to find.

We try to make it to each sale and usually come home with armloads of books for very little money. This is a great frugal way to build up your home library.

Be sure to go to Biblical Womanhood to see more frugal tips.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I plan my summer around our Big library sale. It's a week long sale and Friday's are bag day where you buy a bag for $5 and pack it with as much as you can. My husband and I usually buy three. We're really good at packing them now! :)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Great idea! I love buying used books. I posted today about my library bookstore bargins, too. Check it out if you get a chance.

MamaJ said...

Very good tip!! I have been needing to "beef up" my Paperback Swap list! Thanks!

Jenn said...

great tip. so, are you feeling better now? hope so.

Jenn said...

oh, one more thing, my friend anda had her sixth baby the other day. it was a boy, they named him malachi. i thought of you :o)

Smockity Frocks said...

Jenn, Every day I think, "This will be the day I feel better..." Maybe tomorrow.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics