Sunday, January 6, 2008

Grilled Pork Chops

Stumble Upon Toolbar

My husband recently got some "buy one get one free" center cut pork chops that were about to expire. He dug around in the fridge for a while and came up with this marinade for them:

  • the last of our homemade plum jelly (about 1/2 cup)

  • soy sauce (about 1/2 cup)

  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

  • about 1/2 can of Coke (to tenderize)

He put it all, along with the pork chops in a large Ziploc bag and left it in the fridge for about an hour and a half.

Then, he put them on a hot grill and brushed the leftover marinade over them periodically.

Boy, oh boy! Were they ever tasty!

We had these with oven roasted red potatoes, cut into chunks, tossed with olive oil and seasoning salt, and topped with shredded cheddar and mozzarella. The classic green bean casserole rounded out the menu.

Cheap, easy, and tasty....the perfect meal!

4 comments:

Linz said...

Sounds Yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

Please, Please, Please forgive me for not leaving a comment before now! I certainly did not intend to slight the best knitting teacher and funniest blog writer ever. I will try to do better in the future.

Now tell me how you got your husband to cook!!!? Mine will help in every way but that. I have tried bribary, threats, reverse psychology, guilt, asking nicely, mowing the yard, and everything else I could think of. Nothing works. He used to attempt a meal but I had to stand right in there and tell him everything ( I didn't nag either), now he just ignores the whole possiblity of him doing any cooking.


See why I don't comment, I talk to much!

Jerri

Smockity Frocks said...

Why, Jerri! How very nice of you to comment on my blog!! :0)

I'm sure your husband appreciates how you care for him by making his dinners. The way to a man's heart is, after all, through his stomach. Just think! You have an advantage over every other person in the world. You get to serve him like no one else does, and in doing so, secure your place in his heart!

The Estrogen Files said...

Well - can he teach my Hubbers to cook? He just won't. And when he does, I'm afraid to eat what he makes. I guess it's better that way...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics