Friday, March 30, 2007

Embroidered Baby Gifts

Stumble Upon Toolbar


I got this idea for an adorable baby gift from Pleasant View Schoolhouse. MaddieLynn embroidered the snail and I did the other two. I downloaded free vintage patterns from Needlenthread.com and used freezer paper on the back as a stabilizer, just like Anna recommended. I tried to get some close ups like she did, but my camera wouldn't cooperate. (Or maybe it was the photographer.)

These will be going to a soon-to-be born baby boy. I bet you can guess what his name will be.

This is a simple and sweet gift that can easily be personalized. I enjoyed the time I spent on it.

9 comments:

Mrs. Pear said...

This is a great idea, and you do beautiful embroidery!

Smockity Frocks said...

lThank you, Mrs. Pear!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, Connie!

Linz said...

I absolutely love them. They are soo precious. Missed you at the brunch today. I was looking forward to seeing you! ::sigh:: Guess I will have to be patient and wait for tomorrow.... ;)

Smockity Frocks said...

Thanks, Holly and Linz!

Nikki said...

Very, very cute. Good job both of you!

Linz said...

I feel so bad b/c i didn't remember this when we were talking, but next monday (the 9th) is david's birthday (great wife aren't I?!) so if dinner tomorrow doesn't work out maybe we can do it sometime after the 9th. Thank you again so much for staying and helping clean up tonight!

Smockity Frocks said...

Thanks, Nikki.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I love to give handemade baby gifts and receive them! Makes them so much more special!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics