Tuesday, February 27, 2007

You Might Be A Large Family If......

Stumble Upon Toolbar

You need at least 2 carts in the grocery store.

You buy milk 5 gallons at a time. (We're heavy drinkers!)

Your family takes up every seat in your Suburban.

Your dream car is a "church van".

People are complaining that all of the bathrooms are full right before a long trip.

You find yourself wondering how many extra-large cans of brand X beans you'll have to move to fit a 25-pound sack of flour into your pantry.

People ask, "Are they all yours?"

You automatically answer "yes" to the above question.

You take up a whole pew at church.

You're always counting heads (when you have this many kids it takes too long to count legs and divide by two).

You have to at least double every recipe there is. They should make a large family cookbook.

When a mini van actually gets mini.

When a family-size box of cereal is definitely not family-size.

How about you? Do you have any to add?

By Myfriendconnie and MaddieLynn

10 comments:

Nikki said...

ROFL! I love it! My wee little family of five (three kids) is becoming six this summer. But I still get asked, "Are they all yours?" And I can't tell you how many times I looked at a "family-size" product and thought, "What?! A family of two maybe."

Laura in KY said...

There is a cookbook for large families! The MOMYS cookbook! It's awesome... I've used many of the recipes and I'm still working my way through it. You can find it here

Smockity Frocks said...

Congrats, Nikki! Whenever someone says, "Are they all yours?" I'm always tempted to say, "I've never seen these kids before. They started following me in the parking lot."

Thanks, Laura! How many do most of the recipes serve? Are they mostly casseroles?

Laura in KY said...

Hey, Connie ~ they are definitely not all casseroles. In fact, most of them are not! I would say that most of the recipes are an average of 12 servings... some less, some a lot more! All of the recipes were submitted by women with a minimum of 4 children. Some of the families that submitted recipes have 20 people in them. An example would be the crock pot granola recipe that I tried the other day. It used 15 cups of oats. That will make quite a bit of granola! I haven't bought a cookbook in years, because of the easy access to recipes on the internet now. But this cookbook is worth far more than the money I paid for it!

Smockity Frocks said...

Thanks Laura, I may ask for that for Mother's Day.

Brandy Brow said...

You know you're a large family when you fill one grocery cart with only one week's worth of bread and cereal and another with one week's worth of toilet paper and tissues.

I'll have to look into that cookbook...

Brandy of The Building Brows

LeftCoastOnlooker said...

cute!
My dad had a great answer to "are they all yours?" "Well, I have four & she has four & we have four that we share." Eyes got huge when people assumed he meant there were 12, not 4.

The Estrogen Files said...

How about this one: When someone asks you if you run a daycare. No fooling, my across the street neighbor asked me that and there are only 4 kids in our family!

Smockity Frocks said...

Ha ha, Sara! I knew I left one out. The last time we had an exterminator here, she(!) said, "Oh, you run a daycare."

Happy Mom said...

I only have five - so far! I always laugh inside when I go out with just my two "littles," Like on Tuesday nights during AWANA - and someone tells me my hands are full! I usually just respond "Full of JOY!" or FUN, or "The best kind of full there is!" We're already at 4 gallons of milk each time, and that doesn't quite last a week...and the baby's still drinking mine.... we may be able to single-handedly keep the dairy industry moving in the future! LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics