Sunday, January 7, 2007

Company's Coming

Stumble Upon Toolbar

We'll be havin' chicken and dumplins when she comes...

I'm so excited! My sweet friend is coming for a week long visit with her daughter today. She has been making the same 5 and a half hour trip every January and July for 4 years now.

These are some of the things I'm looking forward to that we always do when she's here:

having chicken and dumplins
talking nonstop
knitting together
sewing together
laughing a *lot*
reading our Bibles together
working in the kitchen together

She will also be bringing her new spinning wheel. I can't wait to see her spin and maybe get a turn trying it.

My family loves to have company. We especially love the company that keeps coming back. I know the ones that come back like us more than they mind the dust we overlooked, or the constant stream of clothes that need folding on the couch, or the toys that keep finding their way to the middle of the floor. I am so glad that our friends and family can overlook our imperfections and focus on enjoying our time together. Which reminds me of a little trivet I remember hanging on my mother's kitchen wall when I was just a little girl. It was black and had this poem on it:

Come in,
Sit down,
Relax, converse,
Our house doesn't always
Look this way,
Sometimes it's even worse!

I wish I had that trivet.

3 comments:

Keith Hollar said...

Take good care of my ladies this week! Hope ya'll have lots of fun!

Laura in KY said...

What a sweet family you have! Thank you for dropping by my blog (you have great taste in templates by the way!). Come by anytime!! :-)

Jenn said...

cute pic, cute fam :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics