Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shannon's Sock Solution

Stumble Upon Toolbar


Some of you may have seen Shannon's Works For Me Wednesday post a few weeks ago about storing socks in one central location instead of in dressers in bedrooms. Coincidentally, I had been kicking the very same idea around for a while. I had thought it would be much more convenient to set up one of these plastic storage bins near my dryer and just toss the socks in the drawers as they came out of the dryer.


Since she posted about it, I decided to go for it, and put the storage bin into action. I explained to the kids how it would work. Each of the three drawers holds small, medium, or large socks. The kids can easily discern which drawer the socks go in and there is no more arguing over who "got my socks!"

I don't even bother matching them or folding them up. I just toss them right in. We use only white socks anyway, so it makes it easier to put them away, and the kids can just grab any two.

It works for me and I'm SO glad Shannon convinced me to give it a whirl! Check out my other Works For Me tips, and then go to Rocks In My Dryer for lots more fabulous ideas.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I missed her post on this somehow. Glad you tried it and it worked. It's probably easier than the one big "sock basket" we have now. I gotta figure out how to make this work for me. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Really? You like it? I am going to think about it...

Do you throw your socks in too? Hubby's?

Smockity Frocks said...

Holly, Are you kidding me? I keep my socks in my bedroom where they belong! ~snort~ Just kidding... but I only keep the kids socks in there. It is working well for us. We always had SUCH ISSUES with, "Those are MY socks! She took MY socks!" Now they are basically community socks and the issues are gone.

Pam said...

Great idea. We do only white socks too, so I may need to mount one of these on my dryer soon.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am copying Rocks in my Dryer and moved my girl's socks down into the living room. It makes it so much easier when we are getting ready to leave the house!!

mama2drama said...

that sounds so crazy but I'm desperate enough with matching all the frills and I'm so tired of hearing who took who's socks...that I just may have to try this~
Thanks

Nikki said...

I love this idea! Which reminds me, I have a bunch of cute socks for you. But I seem to have misplaced the bag of socks I bought to bead MaddieLynn's socks. Sooooo... I'll find those or send the rest without and then get some more and bead them. I'm sure the junk drawer ate them. :P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics