Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mexican Mess

Stumble Upon Toolbar



This is the Five-Ingredients-Or-Less edition of Works For Me Wednesday.

I love simple recipes and those that require only one dish are a bonus.

My recipe is one of those. It is an old family favorite. I actually got this recipe from my mother in law who has been serving this dish since my husband was a child.

Mexican Mess

1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 can pinto beans
1 can diced green chiles
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce (Add another if you like it soupier.)

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. (Do not drain the cans.) Simmer on low for 15 minutes.

Serve on top of Doritos. Top with shredded cheddar. Add sour cream, diced onions, jalapenos, shredded lettuce, or any other toppings you like.

That's it! Simple and yummy!

Have you seen my daughter's ingenius recipe for Funfetti cake from scratch?

Take a look, and then go to Rocks In My Dryer for tons more recipes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics